Wednesday, January 27, 2010

NEWS

Good news. Last week Alex officially started to walk and by "officially" I mean she looks like a pocket-sized zombie roving around the house. It's very cute, especially when she claps for herself and loses her balance and falls on her ass.  A lot of people have been like, "Uh oh, look out, your whole world is going to change now." Damn straight. For the better...

First off she's not half as fast on her feet as she is when she's crawling so I can actually blink now before I have to chase after her. And now I don't have to constantly hold this 30 pound mass in my arms everywhere I go. I can actually put her down on the ground at Arden's school and let her wander about while I collect Arden's belongings and sign out for the day...if I remember to put on her shoes.


Last week I also got some more great news. I was approached by ParentsAsk.com to see if I would be interested in writing a weekly article/blog entry for their website. If you're not familiar with ParentsAsk, it's a great resource for parents. There's daily video tips from experts, fun articles on things like the hottest lunch boxes and a community forum where parents can compare experiences. And of course now there's me. :)


Essentially I've been asked to do exactly what I do here (though they may suggest a specific topic for me to cover from time-to-time), only they get first dibs on it. So the plan is for me to contribute something to their site every Wednesday which I plan to repost here the following Monday. Anyway, my first piece is actually debuting today and you can check it out HERE.

And while I'm self-promoting, if you don't know how to subscribe to this blog and you're a Facebook Addict like me, I Peed On My Kid! now has its own Facebook Fan Page which you can join and keep on top of all my misadventures. In the meantime I'm off to work on my next article.

1 comment:

  1. Your daughters are absolutely adorable! Just wait until Alex gets steady on her feet. You'll be struggling to keep up with her! :)

    ReplyDelete