Monday, April 26, 2010

QUOTABLE ARDEN


So yesterday was the first really nice day we’ve had in a while so while Jen cooked an awesome turkey dinner with all the fixin’s inside, the girls and I decided to play “outside.” And by outside I mean our back deck since we don’t have a yard. So I hooked up the iPod and speakers and blasted some Disney classics for the girls while Arden set up her table and chairs to do some coloring in the sun (her suggestion). Meanwhile I kid-proofed the deck and by kid-proof I mean I moved some chairs in front of the stairs so Alex wouldn’t tumble down them. Anyway, the girls seemed to be having a good time. Alex was wandering about with the hot tub net trying to catch the air, Arden was coloring and I was blowing bubbles, which seemed to be only for my own amusement when Arden said, “You know you’re not out here just to entertain us.” I said, “I’m not?” And Arden said, “No. You can participate too,” and she handed me a piece of paper and a marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment