Friday, September 25, 2009

QUOTABLE ARDEN


So Arden's been obsessed with cars as of late. She's memorized all the makes and models of every car we pass and is constantly asking me mechanical questions I don't have the answers to and by the time I Wiki them she's already moved onto a new topic. But a trip to the Petersen Automotive Museum is definitely in our near future.

Well today, on the way to school, Arden says to me that she no longer wants a car when she grows up, despite the fact that she had just spelled out, "Arden's BMW" with her fridge magnets. Which in itself is pretty impressive since she can't read yet. Anyway, I asked her how she plans to get anywhere and Arden replied, "I'll walk." I said, "You'll walk to school?" "Sure, it's not far." I said, "What if you wanted to go some place like the Grove (a local L.A. outdoor mall we frequent)." Arden said matter of factly, "I'll just have you drop me off."

No comments:

Post a Comment