Thursday, August 20, 2009

ARDEN'S PERFECT RIDE

Sorry for the recent delay in posts, I’ve actually had a bit of a social life as of late and I also finished my latest screenplay about two weeks ago. One would think that would mean I have more time to blog, but generally when I finish a script I go into a little postpartum depression – I’ve lived with this creation inside of me for several months and when I finally give birth to it there’s a day of elation and then I fall into a bit of a funk. The creative juices have been drained and I need time to recharge the batteries. There’s probably one too many metaphors in there, but you get the idea. Ironically when I am working on a project I have an overabundance of creativity and the blog has been a nice place to focus that creative energy. The good news is I’ve started to dig into a new project. But the bad news is Alex’s two one-hour naps a day have turned into one twenty-minute closing of the eyes. Let the time management begin.

I do have several half-written blog posts that I intend to finish up this weekend, but in the meantime here’s a little transcript of an actual conversation I had with Arden on Monday after Jen bought a new car this weekend. Enjoy…

Arden: You know what kind of car I’m gonna get when I grow up?
Daddy: What kind of car are you gonna get when you grow up?
Arden: A two-seater.
Daddy: Why do you want a “two-seater”?
Arden: So my children can sit up front.
Daddy: How many children are you gonna have?
Arden: Three.
Daddy: Three children aren’t going to fit up front.
Arden: Welllll, maybe I’ll just have two.
Daddy: That’s still too many to sit up front in a two-seater.
Arden: Then I’ll marry Rahmi* and he can have one.
Daddy: You’ll each have one kid?
Arden: One for each car, but we’ll live together. But not in our house. We’ll get a new house and we’ll paint every room a different color.
Daddy: That sounds nice.
Arden: My children are going to be twins.
Daddy: That’s very popular these days.
Arden: I’m gonna name the first one Joanna and the second one Joanna too.
Daddy: If they’re twins and you name them the same thing how will you know which is which?
Arden: It doesn’t matter. I’ll love them both the same…and I’ll make them wear their hair different.
Daddy: Fair enough.
Arden: And they’ll both get to sit up front in the car. The two-seater I’m gonna get when I grow up.


*Rahmi is one of Arden’s preschool friends.

2 comments:

  1. When I was little, I was going to have TWO sets of twins, and their names were going to be Beth, Beth, and Rebecca, Rebecca. I can totally relate to Arden's choice.

    Kemari has already told me he's going to have a yellow mustang with just 2 seats, one for him and one for his cousin, Danielle. When I asked if there was a seat for me, he said no. Flash forward 14 years....Christy's Market...aggghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my two seat car so I didn't have to take kids...but that's me.
    Love to you all,hope to see you in September.
    Aunt Stephanie

    ReplyDelete