Friday, May 8, 2009

QUOTABLE ARDEN

I need a cleverer title for these random tidbits from Arden, so if there's any suggestions out there, fire away.


So like every parent you find yourself amazed by your children on a daily basis whether it's something they do or something they say or it's just how they put two concepts together for the first time. Anyway, Arden's at the stage right now where we can't get her to eat anything, even the stuff she likes to eat like chicken nuggets or...okay, that's the only thing she seems to like to eat. And even though she likes chicken nuggets we still have to negotiate the number of bites with her. So last night we decided to spice things up a little and make her some Spongebob macaroni and cheese. When we put the plate down in front of her she was excited by the shapes of the macaroni, but before she even dug in she said, "How many bites?" I said, "All of them." She said, "How about 96 bites?" I looked at the plate and saw that we had only given her about twenty-five pieces so I said, "Sure." She then took her first bite and said, "By the way, I'm starting at 91."

5 comments:

  1. That is so funny.... Smart cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Saw this today in the FB feed of a friend of mine with a two-year-old:

    Me, to Eve: "Put your hands up in the air, and wave 'em like you just don't care!" Eve: "No, not yet." Me: "Well, when?" Eve: "Saturday." (I've never even heard her say the word 'Saturday' before.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally pray my child will be like Arden.
    What about "Ardenisms," or "The World According to Arden."
    Anyway, I linked your awesome blog on my site.
    Miss you and Jen.

    ReplyDelete